Sunday, December 30, 2012

Crystal Castles, (III), November 5th 2012

On their third album, appropriately titled (III), Crystals Castles seem to have simultaneously produced something that is different and the same all in one album. It's as if they have somehow generified their sound, that you can have different productions - but it's still the basically an equivalent output.  All of that despite the fact that the band got all new pedals and instruments for recording this album so they could have an original sound. Really?

That being said, it's a good same-same. I like this album. It creates the typical beautiful, melodic and sometimes cacophonous, all with a cool beat, sound of Crystal Castles. I guess I just haven't been in the mood for it. Next time my heart aches, or I don't want to feel like I am becoming an old lady, I will turn on this epic hipster elctronica album and rage away the pain of heartache and fear of growing old.

For now, I am going to keep listening to Bat For Lashes' new album that I blogged about previously. At least her sound matured, rather than merely morphed by a change in drum pedals.


No comments:

Post a Comment